Pages

Friday, September 9, 2011

January 1961: "Here it Comes, There it Goes"

The next time Asimov employs a personal anecdote ddoesn't come until several months later, January, 1961.

"There's a rumor abroad that I never read any books but my own, but of course that is only a canard. For instance, I have recently read a book called Towards a Unified Cosmology, by Reginald O. Kapp (Basic Books, 1960) which I enjoyed every bit as much as one of my own."

Asaimov then goes on to talk about a unified cosmology. This is the first time, and the only time, in which Asimov talks about someone else's book and then exands on it.

___________________
ENCYCLOPEDIA ASIMOVA IS UPDATED ON MONDAY, WEDNESDAY AND FRIDAY
_______________
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR OTHER KINDLE BLOGS:
* Seaborn: Oceanography Blog
* Star Trek Report: Space Sciences
* Volcano Seven: Treasure and Treasure Hunters
* Rush Limbaugh Report

No comments:

Post a Comment