Pages

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Asimov TV Watch: CSI.

I was watching a re-run of CSI yesterday - Gus Grissom says that Isaac Asimov is one of his favorite writers, and quotes:
"I believe that only scientists can understand the universe. It is not so much that I have confidence in scientists being right, but that I have so much in nonscientists being wrong."

(Can't tell you what episode title it is. It's the one where a young genius attempts to hill his parents because they won't give him money so he can go to college, and they make to much money for him to get a scholarship, but his dad was wearing a nicotine patch which saved his life.)

Thing is, I doubt if Asimov really said this. It just doesn't sound like him.

I searched the web for the quote, and its on a lot of sites - but none of them say from which essay or book it comes! I wonder if they are all just quoting Gus Grissom?



___________________
ENCYCLOPEDIA ASIMOVA IS UPDATED ON MONDAY, WEDNESDAY AND FRIDAY
_______________
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR OTHER KINDLE BLOGS:
* Seaborn: Oceanography Blog
* Star Trek Report: Space Sciences
* Volcano Seven: Treasure and Treasure Hunters
* Rush Limbaugh Report

No comments:

Post a Comment